Service Information and Schedules
- Recycling, compost, and landfills bins are located throughout campus.
- Collection is scheduled according to dedicated routes.
- Each dumpster has a sign with the collection day(s).
- For information regarding service, service levels, or location of bins, please call PSSI at (650) 321-4236 or email.
Confidential Material Destruction
PSSI provides confidential material destruction service. We can either pick up boxes of material to be shredded and recycled, or place a 1.5 cubic yard dumpster outside of your building. For rates and information please call PSSI at (650) 321-4236 or email.
Construction Projects and Contractors
PSSI is Stanford's exclusive hauler. They rent roll-off boxes and dumpsters for constructions/demolition jobs on the Stanford Campus, as well as a host of other services. See what materials are accepted for construction and demolition material recycling.
Contractors must pay for the first box in advance, unless a Stanford University work order is submitted. Once credit is established, then invoicing can occur.
PSSI has one to eight cubic yard dumpsters for regular collection service and one time events. These bins are emptied by frontloader trucks come in many styles: counterbalance, loading dock, etc. The bins can be used for recycling, compost, and landfill material and can come with wheels or no wheels. Blue dumpsters are generally used for recycling, green for compost, and black for landfill.
PSSI carries four roll-off box sizes: 8, 15, 20, and 30 cubic yard capacity. The 15, 20, and 30 cubic yard boxes also come in short and tall heights. These boxes are serviced by our Roll-off Trucks and need a certain amount of dedicated space to drop-off and pick up. When assessing where to place the box, be aware of overhead hazards, such as tree limbs, and ensure that there is clearance on both sides of the truck.
Debris Box Measurements
|8 cubic yards||
|15 cubic yards||
|20 cubic yards||
|30 cubic yards||
Guidelines for Dumpsters & Debris Boxes
- Material must not extend past the rim of the box. Overloaded boxes are the responsibility of the customer to correct. Overloaded boxes will not be serviced.
- Service for boxes is on a first-call first-service basis. Please schedule services by 1 pm the day before you want the service done. Same day service can be arranged for a fee.
- Non-usage fees are billed daily if not emptied once in a 30 day period.
Restrictions for Dumpsters & Debris Boxes
- Dirt, asphalt, rock, and concrete must not exceed seven cubic yards per box.
- No tires, wet cement and cement chunks larger than 6 x 6 x 12 inches in diameter, or tree trunks larger than 12 inches in diameter.
- No refrigerators, computer monitors, televisions, electronic waste or other items that require special handling or are not allowed to be landfilled by state law. These items are accepted these items but they must be handled on an individual basis. They cannot be put in a debris box or dumpster.
- No hazardous waste or chemicals.
Besides recycling, compost, and landfill collection services, PSSI also provides the following services to the Stanford community: street sweeping, forklift service, welding and fabricating, equipment repair, equipment removal, pressure washing (including equipment and vehicles), large item drop-off and removal, hauling services, dumpster sanitizing, and compost delivery.