Sustainable Stanford Internship Program
Are you ready to make an impact on campus sustainability? The Sustainable Stanford Internship Program provides opportunities for full-time Stanford students to gain hands-on experience implementing programs that influence on-campus sustainability through various units like the Office of Sustainability, Facilities Energy Management, Scope 3 Emissions Program, and Residential & Dining Enterprises. Each intern will commit to an academic year-long program (with the possibility of extension based on desire and performance), working to contribute to, or manage a campus sustainability project and bring about tangible results. In addition to gaining experience in sustainability project design and implementation, interns gain exposure to sustainability careers and a network of campus sustainability professionals. Positions posted until officially filled.
Work Hours/ Duration: Average of 6-10 hours a week each quarter
Compensation: Starting at $18.00/hour
The Sustainable Stanford Internship Program is accepting applications for the following positions during the remainder of the academic year and next academic year:
- Climate Action Intern, Office of Sustainability - Land, Buildings, & Real Estate
- Communications Intern, Office of Sustainability - Land, Buildings, & Real Estate
- Scope 3 Emissions Intern, Scope 3 Emissions Program - Business Affairs
- Strategy/Living Lab Intern, Office of Sustainability - Land, Buildings, & Real Estate
- Zero Waste Intern, Office of Sustainability - Land, Buildings, & Real Estate
Opportunities and Benefits:
- Flexible work options -Scheduled work hours can vary during the week.
- Professional development - Acquire new skills, learn about how an organization and workplace function, gain leadership experience through taking ownership of projects, room to pursue projects of interest within job role and office mission (e.g. encouraging sustainable behavior change or using campus as a living lab)
- Community - Join a team of sustainability-minded students and staff who are passionate about integrating and modeling sustainability in all aspects of campus life
- Networking - Make professional connections with leaders and experts in various fields/industries through collaborative work within the larger division and with partner organizations across campus
- Students of all majors, interests, and backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Both undergrads and graduate students are welcome.
Sustainable Stanford Internship Application
Please provide a resume and cover letter stating your interest and experience.