Are you ready to make an impact on campus sustainability?
The Sustainable Stanford Internship Program provides a paid opportunity for students to gain hands-on experience implementing programs that influence on-campus sustainability. Sustainable Stanford Interns work on projects covering various campus sustainability topics (waste, water, housing, food), under supervision and direction from campus sustainability staff. Each intern will commit to an academic year-long program working to manage a campus sustainability project and bring about tangible results. In addition to gaining experience in sustainability project design and implementation, interns will learn about the variety of careers in sustainability across campus as well as develop of network of cohorts through group lunches and presentations.
Based on the topic areas and descriptions below, projects will be developed by the interns in collaboration with their staff supervisor. Students of all majors, interests, and backgrounds are encouraged to apply! Both undergrads and graduate students are welcome.
Opportunities and Benefits:
- Learn about campus sustainability and gain experience in designing and implementing projects, working collaboratively with others, and educating and advocating for positive campus change.
- Develop professional management, communication, and leadership skills.
- Develop relationships with sustainability leaders on and off campus and learn about careers in sustainability.
- Make a real impact!
- Eager to learn about and advocate for conservation and sustainability; creative and enthusastic.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Can work well independently as well as collaboratively; able to commit extra time for big events and meetings.
- Organized, self-motivated and accountable for work.
- Preference for students who will be on campus for the full academic year.
Applications for the 2013-14 academic year are now closed. You can learn more about the positions that were available below. Check this space in Spring for the next application cycle.
Click each position title to learn more.
[ + ] Expand all