Celebrating Sustainability 2012
Stanford faculty, staff, students, and community members were invited to attend this special event to celebrate sustainability milestones and accomplishments at Stanford University, on Monday, May 7, 2012. Achievements of the past as well as an outlook for the future were shared during the event, which culminated the recent and collaborative planning effort on campus that was undertaken to identify a shared and actionable vision for sustainability in the coming years. The program included:
- Welcome by Bob Reidy and Pamela Matson
- Keynote speech by Thomas Steyer, Stanford Trustee
- Transformative Research, Curriculum, and Action - panel discussion
- Next Steps in Leading Sustainability by Action
- Closing remarks by Provost and Acting President John Etchemendy
Guests gathered outside in Rehnquist Courtyard for a zero-waste reception, with music by The Redowa String Quartet.
View highlights from the event.
This celebration would not have been possible without the generous support and collaboration of Stanford’s academic and operational departments, and most critically the help and enthusiasm of Stanford students. Organizers included:
- Stanford School of Earth Sciences
- Stanford Woods Institute for the Environment
- Precourt Institute for Energy
- Students for a Sustainable Stanford
- Office of Sustainability in Land, Buildings and Real Estate