Cardinal Green Event Resource Library
Green Event Planning Resources
- Cardinal Green Events Checklist - Staff
- Cardinal Green Events Checklist - Students
- Cardinal Green Event Program Fact Sheet
- Green Events Guidelines
- Cardinal Green Event Catering Guidelines
- Cardinal Green Events Email Listserv
- Sustainable Seafood Recommedations
- Sustainable SWAG Guidelines
outreach & Communication
- Cardinal Green Event logo- light background
- Cardinal Green Event logo- dark background
- Compostable Service Ware Table Signage
- Punchbowl: free invitations and attendance tracking
food choices & catering
On Campus Sustainable Product Vendors
- SmartMart- How to Order Bulk Compostable Serviceware from SmartMart
- Amazon: Order compostable serviceware online
- The Market at Munger
- Compostable cups, plates, and utensils
- The Axe and Palm
- Larger orders of compostable cups, plates, and utensils
- Place orders at least two days in advance by emailing Mark Jordan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Orders can be picked up and paid for at the Axe and Palm in Old Union.
- Stanford Catering - Serving delicious, organic and sustainable cuisine. Compostable cups, plates, and utensils provided with orders free of charge.
- Asian Box (offers vegetarian options and compostable packaging)
- EAT Club (offers gluten free and dairy free options)
- Lotus Thai Bistro (offers vegetarian options)
- Continental Catering and Too Caterers (offers Kosher options)
- Pluto’s Restaurant (offers salad bar and delivery options)
- Tender Greens
- How to Order Waste Bins for Events and link to order bins from PSSI
- Zero Waste Guidance, Labels, and Signage
- Zero Waste Event Announcement Language
- Guide to Compostable Serviceware
- Off Campus Sustainable Product Vendors:
- Jennifer Carruthers Floral- dried flower arrangements
- Stanford Family Farm - fresh-cut flowers for Stanford events when in season, email
- Global Displays- reusable sign frames
- Assistance League of Los Altos- costumes for rent
- Stanford's Event and Labor Services - E&LS rents live palms, capensia trees, and ficus trees to decorate your event for $18 each per day
Food Donation Organizations
Order too much food for your event? Instead of composting the extra items, dontate them to others in need.
Stanford Food Recovery: Volunteers collect unused and leftover food on campus for events with at least 50 attendees and distribute to local hungry and homeless communities. Submit request at least a week in advance: tinyurl.com/SFRDonateFood. Contact Niki (email@example.com) or Ryan (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details.
- Free Food Alert Listserv: Donate your food to hungry Stanford students. Send an email to email@example.com with a description of the food and its location.
- Peninsula Food Runners: Picks up and relays leftovers to community feeding organizations in San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties. Sign up to become a donor: http://www.peninsulafoodrunners.org/become-a-donor/
- Invision Shelter Network: Accepts all food items seven days a week from 9am-4pm. No pick up, drop off donations to the Opportunity Services Center, located at 33 Encina Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94301.
- St. Anthony's Padua Dining Room: Accepts all food items that were plated for less than 4 hours. Will pick up items with advanced notice during the weekdays. During weekends, items must be dropped off at 3500 Middlefield Rd, Menlo Park, CA 94025. For more information, call Max Torres at 650.365.9664