Stanford has competed in the national RecycleMania competition for ten years now, and regularly performs well.
- Outstanding School Recycling Program Award, California Resource Recovery Association (2019)
- Honorable Mention, Education/Awareness Campaign category for the 2017 RecycleMania Case Study Competition (2017)
- College/University Recycling Award, American Forest and Paper Association (2009)
- Environmental Achievement Award, for the Environmental Health and Safety battery recycling and mercury thermometer replacement program, Environmental Protection Agency (2002)
- Outstanding School Program Award, National Recycling Coalition (2002)