Skip to content
2017 RecycleMania Events
- Waste Minimization Training: During this BeWell berry eligible class, you can learn about all of the ways to reduce waste in your space, and the where, why, and how of sorting tricky items on campus. If you have a group of 10 or more that is interested in a custom training for your building, contact Lauren Hennessy to arrange the details.
- RecycleMania Basketball Games: Sustainable Stanford partnered with Stanford Athletics, PSSI and Athletics Concessions to host RecycleMania Game Day Challenges. Featuring recycling trivia and sorting games, Stanford earns specific credit for the game day challenges. Thanks to DAPER and all of the fans who showed their support to stop, think and sort!
- Monday, February 6, 6pm - vs. UCLA
- Saturday, February 25, 1pm - vs. Oregon
- Recycling Center Tours: Participants learned how Stanford's recyclables are collected and sorted here on campus.
- Compost Facility Carpool Tour: Sustainable Stanford visited the Newby Island Industrial Composting Facility to learn about how microbes eat your waste, and all of the fascinating ways that we can reuse compost.
- Helping Us Get the Other 10%: Our RecycleMania team hosted pledge drive events across campus to raise support and test sorting skills.