The Stanford Energy System Innovations project encompassed updates to more than 155 buildings on campus, and transformed the energy supply from one based on fossil fuels to an electrically-powered heat recovery system. The project has earned international acclaim and recognition, and is one of the most significant energy-related capital projects to-date.
- Commercial Real Estate Digital Innovation Award, Realcomm, also known as the "Digie Award," received for going above and beyond to positively impact the real estate management industry through the use of technology, automation, and innovation (2015 and 2016)
- Effective and Innovative Practices Award, APPA, for SESI program. APPA, the largest international association of educational institutions and their facilities and physical plant departments, recognized SESI for the innovative design of the new heat recovery system and CEF. (2013)
- Honorable Mention, ASHRAE Technology Award, for the Stauffer Building I laboratory VAV conversion project in the existing institutional building category (2010)
- 1st Place, 2008-2009 ASHRAE X Technology Award for the Stauffer Chemistry Building HVAC retrofit project
- Honorable Mention, Flex Your Power Awards (2005)